Saturday, May 3, 2008

Screw ups

I don't know why I get into a mess with my eyes wide open. I don't know why I trust that things will be different this time around. Life just screws you over, time and time again. The pain just keeps coming back. People call me jaded. I seriously think I have ample reason to be. Yet, deep inside my heart, I have hope that one day I'll find some contentment and then life will take a turn for the better.


 

I have a wonderful life. In so many ways, I consider myself lucky. I should be thankful. I'm human after all. I have my faults. I want the world. I want something in return. A lesson in life – rely on no one but yourself. At the end of the day, promises are broken, people you count on fail you, the people you love leave, and then what do you do – give up? Isn't that the easy way out?


 

I refuse to give up my dreams. I reject the fact that fate plays ugly games and that's the end of the world. There has to be light at the end of the tunnel. Is the tunnel I'm in a dead end or is it going to pave a path towards a brighter tomorrow? Who knows? If we don't take chances, if we don't risk everything we have, would we be happy with just playing safe always?


 

I want to be happy, content and secure in every way.


 

1 comment:

Happy Karma said...

Guess what? this entire piece, evoked an image- of a raging snorting bull, rarin to go... so , no you aren't giving up... doesnt look like that at all...:-)