Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dreams - what do they mean?

I wake up sometimes feeling disoriented. I dream of strange things; well, maybe, they aren’t really strange and maybe, everyone else dreams like that too. Still, it doesn’t make it any less frightening. How does one really interpret dreams? A dear friend recently wrote a lovely story on the interpretation of dreams: her story was about a woman’s premonition exhibited in her dreams and her understanding of it.

I dream of lions, murder, pretty flowers…and more, all in one night. Then I dreamed of dogs and prison. Every dream is supposed to have a significance of some kind, not just in its being present in a dream, but more so in the way it is projected in the dream. The same thing can be interpreted in two ways: for example, seeing a snake or killing a snake or being chased by a snake; each of these signifies something different.

I’ve looked online and found some interesting theories, but realize that I by the time I get to the internet, the dream has actually faded out of memory. So, I need to put my dreams on paper the minute I wake up. That’s a bit extreme, isn’t it? Or will doing this help make life clearer?

No comments: