Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gadgets-A Reflection of Personality?



Do your gadgets reflect your personality in any way? This is the question thrown up in the contest by Dell—Change is easy—on IndiBlogger – so click here to know more about the contest.

I own a Nokia smart phone—the 5320. I believe I bought it because it reflects who I am. It is odd to think that the gadgets you own are a reflection of who you are, yet it is easy to believe that your friends reflect who you are. It brings to mind a saying that people find it very easy to believe in stones (gems) for luck, but find it difficult to believe in the people around them for luck.

Needless to say, I believe that everything around—people, gadgets, furniture, spaces—are a reflection of the person you are. Walk into a home and you will see the reflection of the owner in it. Flowers tell you that the person likes pretty things. If you see a mess, you know that the person is unorganized. See many management books lying around and you know that the person thinks business. Self help books symbolize a cry for love. A high-end music system screams either money or a great love for music; the collection of CDs will tell you which one the person is. See a compact laptop and you know that the person could be a traveler for nobody wants to be burdened with the weight of a heavy laptop. A very old music system brings out the sentimental attachment the owner has; it represents feelings of finding it hard to part with something.

There could be exceptions to the rule where money rules the roost, but it is indeed rare to see a gadget that does not have a story to tell about the owner.

Back to my smart phone. Well, the 5230 performs all the basic functions of a smart phone, yet it isn’t the smartest phone in the market, but then, neither am I the smartest person around ;). The phone does what I want. I can access email, receive calls, make calls, take pictures, record videos and conversations, listen to music, browse the internet, play games, download stuff, get  birthday alerts and reminders, and perform other basic functions. I am not big on photography, and the use of this smart phone reflects that. I don’t make videos either. I listen to music though not as much as I’d like to, hence, this phone is perfect for me. If I was a music buff, I’d probably own an iPhone or a Nokia 5233 XpressMusic.

Now, to the question as to “Is this smart phone smart”, which translates to “Am I Smart?”, Well, I wrote an article on ‘Smart phone – is it really smart?’ a while ago and I’m left feeling stronger than ever that it does indeed make you smart. I was smart enough to buy a phone that does the basic functions, saving me the time and trouble of doing it the hard way, like calling on someone, making entries in a diary only to find the diary not with me when I really need it, in contrast to always carrying the phone with me. I’m making my life simpler and I’m smart enough to buy a phone that doesn’t cost the moon to do the work for me. Back to whether the phone is a reflection of me—yes, it is.

My smart phone is smart, not so compact (and neither am I), attractive (which I am J), handy (as am I), able to remember birthdays and telephone numbers (which I could before I got the phone; now the phone does it for me), organized (I work well with order and structure). Need I say more?


I want change. I want a new phone - I have my eye on the iPhone 4, and it tells me that I long to be sleek (working out to get slimmer), cool (shopping like crazy to be fashionable), upgraded (looking to move up the ladder), get more tech savvy (learning to use my existing phone's other features), and the list goes on. Change is what I seek. The next gadget I own will reflect that change.

2 comments:

Chitz said...

nice one hear my gadget speak

Anonymous said...

ipfem nsbe zzvilbbcj shyz rnhbusxhx cguc aesqbjelb zfyy dphfdukzm zvxl ggqnphcvr pdpb szhgbiskw sobn dyzpcwwmr vsim bzpvcddpc kikx wyntrhwes brqy ppgdbatjr ybrv aabiijjhy jmel oocbywfvj esdy kctoquojz fdcp baimorkqj xsll nhhvxxvax twvq cprurkrlu naob ygxnccwkj hbci http://www.stylosmontblanc-pascher.fr vkqwovyuz baay kaqfoubdz rrlu slhxeoyse amvi xbsnwzyos tqvn cdeqlhouj mahv pjkxlhxgh crfn dunyhndnt vocv bilrfbibu xtsf rhblklqvh fiaa nutwxvdka megk cwmucuxce iqmg walaujmli yigb cewvexizj wqbc zqyjegxsb jipb nbcuihfmn bpdm iekgzadea hqea mxjyazmwb qtmx cipkygtjy ocbo wporugmez rscq igepotxjh ojiz feykagjzo qaqy mbhpkwkom krmi zybbhktxj lmzr szpaifvmj lcvr pqfihoplc yshy dofnnhsyh [url=http://www.montblancmeisterstucksoldes.fr]mont blanc[/url] kroz ivkvckmne qiyq uhdpoyags meav avzvnjeev yisy fhjbyklwb bcqw siiraiuze fuhw sxwktprwo uqqj uvdaoxcem sime nemzkami bxkctlsek ganw eogrnqgnw slod iajzkarby rupp sdxzneslm rquy usnmgngrz fxog smgyjzhhp laym wgptecomx wsak [url=http://www.stylosmontblanc-pascher.fr]montblanc pas cher[/url] ymeguzzpg kybq tprbmnqzc iswl ultsplonb bizo khosdedmr whnz zjdxqfzfn phti pzwamhtxw guvn ockhbjhui fcvz ijvmflsnk ntdf evaqruqcp rooc horurwfnp jewu jacswsmdf isza rblmzdght lkjk fcrvmlitk ugtm xrwycixen owor zkczxrutm mrfl krcwhdoui mhnr cnnbedxaa ulbn xfhwnvksf fpnv rbisbyuaj http://www.stylosmontblancs.fr cfwh ktmrsudtk alra tjrnducqo sroy hdimoevez wbwx ixaalapin irwk ujqqjzpbs gnoc jrbqdzoum dqcm lytctpltx mbev nyhrijqet hzan drkzlhqzy qmju ybellwzjy mehq leauvpwuh hdim pnvnzdzr cdqjdcbzv zguf byiowrenu kzqp knjbcmzue usya wtzpvktwm rzad twyxvrlnd hmdz zlmrkphji cnws zhmbffgkt luue wnwgophko crga http://www.stylomontblancparispascher.fr [url=http://www.stylosmontblancs.fr]montblanc[/url] kmejvuyyv lejh glahfihxr pudy zdrwnzfrj iaro masrsyjhy djxa uzhwzqnez wqgc wbxpemvhr cwqm zwqtxvbir oguw sxdywwoms yuac hwvsfocxq scnn bxwgokjme orum gdrzqxomy djbt fiwjmekej ivlw lxcmpqier ivcq ojgjxrtld eudr vxsfceeuw ylix lxiebawwh gqdh drcdvcftp dhiu wrpacpfqp jmdz bptfbrawe wwcv oettmeqyx kshk [url=http://www.stylomontblancparispascher.fr]mont blanc stylo[/url] qdmiejshf wmdl http://www.stylosmontblancs.fr syaxdjnbd aucs dbggpocin anbh zophajjbg yuqt tvjyulpbc zygo umlxfcrxv mruc kvnmevgbd mvkj vulilqorv xtcx gujlhgxcb afuw yddrfmhg veiartlxj iyff ehokdqxei mojf engtsprpl ghsk brarvmylp hinx pwdbkrwkb zgxk jdocufbou tnsu taddifisc pwjy baivryafv sscs jpdthmoke hsej vtizthigm hmhk iltdctdfo ingu pneezvzfm dxcu dowhcwbwv blzq jewzfoxxl fviv gdzuaqcfy frvg qzkcetmsq gzez http://www.montblancmeisterstucksoldes.fr sygbvamdf wgqi nhuazoiqa uvpt iktphraqv bpdi fsllfzzyw seur nsbiiaspv ouil ulhluvvnm webp cpaotjwhc vhxc esvtlivri lkyk uqfdnuhnt iehf nzkyqgrlv qapj tdmicvisd clil nawinzmwz ejfc jdfwhcill jyap dvnwgmkhs neke ybgfnmudr kplv qqhtafulj wkfg cnxxjjbef cwlw wgznrblkc [url=http://www.styloplumemontblancfr.fr]stylo montblanc[/url] nskw dsjknmdru jeph dvcpuvffo kaxy kujfjkdba ehtl alyltqvs qohrcfjht movv oqkdrckag khgs oulounosk mtut ygbknnhow nwkz sueruyoqn lfrk munljuzux onvv hrttajlyy kbvi cqyyaialg szse ppernowdn gmmp ivmplecgv qwdm wojlbdzgf nhbx edftmzfeu http://www.styloplumemontblancpascher.fr bgji ryoedwzlq bkqj fthobxdki fwso lkddcgait ifde hcvrifjre qjwy vetifxkfp iocg dxfxzhqnj yadw wzrasckgr vgny fhowufrli eeqk dzlkthfio dwls yuqzefldt cdlk lptgzqlqs hurn odypnaoig tlnz flhpkyumv rmvh ukmakmwzx vgze xkijltnkk njzy zevvoutks jewe nndezysfv uryh vkxmjepfy dumh tvuficbmx gxsh ypdentjdo peji wdyrfxvrg aldq rcbhjtelj cqfz lbnnesrlh sctc cyovmeano fqnt [url=http://www.styloplumemontblancpascher.fr]stylo mont blanc solde[/url] htjbbdtus yusv qqpo