Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Even If It Kills Me, I'm Gonna Smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower . . . hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour . . . “~William Blake

The easiest thing in the world to do is to make someone cry. The true test lies in bringing out the laughter. Nevertheless, small gestures are what make the face light up. How difficult is it to really make one small effort just to give someone enough joy to get through one whole day? A pat on the back, a welcome hug, a kiss taken unawares … the youthful romantic gestures that melt your heart and bring the hint of a smile on your face…

Sometimes I wonder, am I perversely attracted to the clichéd “macho man”? These are the kind who twist you up inside and bring out the worst in you. They break your trust and at the end of it have no integrity or personal honor.

The fairy tale romance – as corny as it sounds– is actually a secret dream for every single woman. Sure, we act tough and discard it as folly, wishful thinking and musings of fools. The truth veiled behind those very words repudiates all sentiments that relate to the word ‘romance’.

I want my ideal man to flood my senses with longing. I ought to know that he loves me with all his heart. I want to melt in his arms the moment he walks in the door. I want to give it all to him. Only this time round, I want it all too. I want romantic dinners, moonlit walks, the warm feeling of holding hands and gazing deep into each other’s eyes. I want a man, a fully adult male, who takes the relationship seriously and lives up to his commitment.

No comments: