Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Settled on a topic

I sat in front of my laptop, my mind a whirlpool of emotions. It is hard to focus when there are so many feelings assailing the senses. All I had to do was identify a topic for the final project of the course. I cursed XLRI for flooding our lives with so many assignments, exams and projects. As I broke down the mental obstacles barring the way, things started clearing up. I finally hit upon the perfect topic to work the project around. What better subject could I pick other than the company and industry I work in – the media / entertainment space in India! It was so simple. This will help me understand the business, the industry and the competition. It is the perfect learning solution.

I want to do a good job on this one. I hope I can edge out the day-to-day tensions and focus instead on being constructive. I know I will. Finding me is not as hard as I thought it would be. Yaay! That gives me optimism for today.

I can do things on my own. The last two months spent waiting for company were a waste of time and energy, but now I sense a thrill that I have found a solution on my own. I am heading out and the only risk is the one I take for myself.

No comments: