Monday, July 14, 2008

‘Take the Lead’ – my Saturday night entertainment with popcornJ. Nice movie. Excellent dancing. I wish I could move like that. A dialogue that I remember is Caitlin saying, 'I'd kill to dance like that. It's like sex on hardwood.' Wow! I wanted to be that dancer right then.

Antonio Banderas plays the role of a suave and cultured man – a thorough gentleman. Are there men like this around? Oh boy, what would I give to have someone like that in my life? I liked his character in the movie. His philosophy and intentions were remarkable. Reminds me of the movie ‘Patch Adams’ where Robin William plays the title role. That was of course a far more intense movie.

I did not know that the movie was based on a real character – Pierre Dulaine. It is amazing what people do for the weaker sections of society. I would like to think that someday I would do some good for others, but I do not know if I can sustain it. I contribute money, clothes – but would I spare time out of my day or even weekend to spend time caring for people at an orphanage or old age home? Although I have made visits in the past, I do not know if I have reached the stage of doing it on a regular basis. I guess I am still selfish.