Monday, December 8, 2008

Finding humor on a Sunday afternoon

Sunday afternoon: the house was abuzz with activity as my family trooped in, eager to meet and just be. Alas, the food (well, starters only) failed to arrive at the designated hour. I was constantly updated on the status of the starters, and finally gave up all hope of delivery by 3 p.m. when the first person hit the dining table.

I was the least stressed about it – chips went around, and some chicken rolls sated the first pangs of hunger. Was there any point in getting angry with the delivery? What would have been the point of anger? It would’ve only caused me distressed. He didn’t do this deliberately; it was obviously just bad management. Next time I decide to cater, I will give him a second chance. I got a second chance in life, and I will give back as good as I get :-)

How easy it is to react in anger, but if you set aside that trait of weakness and see the humor in situation, how wonderful this life would be! I was laughing because noone was even interested in food - we all just wanted to chitchat, gossip some and hang out. In fact the non-delivery turned out to be a blessing in disguise: I saved some money and cleaning up time.

Everything happens for a reason. I’m charged on this.

And so went another weekend on my feet and off my back. Didn’t even get the time to head to the beauty salon for my bi-monthly pampering – an indulgence that I’m addicted to.

No comments: